Getting a job right away can be tough in any economy. Finding the right career path while transitioning back to life in the US can be even more challenging. Don’t let reverse culture shock or other things get you down. JETAAMN has your back! Connect with us if you have questions on specific industries, join a Happy Hour or event and we’ll help connect you with the vast networks within Minnesota!
Another great place to connect with is your alma mater and their alumni networks. Often their career centers can still provide you with support several years after graduation.
Here are just a few links that should get you off to a great start finding your new career!
Resume & Cover Letter Help:
Check out this great guide for the Post-JET job hunt written by JET Alum, Karl Hoeschen, 2010-2013 from Saitama-ken, about cleaning up your presence online and preparation for job hunting.
Tips on LinkedIn:
Other Resume/Cover Letter Tips:
- USJETAA Webinars: https://usjetaa.org/webinars/
- MN CareerForce Events: https://www.careerforcemn.com/events
Job Lists and Career Centers:
Minnesota Workforce Centers provide valuable assistance for those who are entering the workforce. From job transition and resume building workshops to resume critiquing. Minnesota Workforce Centers offer a full library of job searching reference materials and access to computers, copy machines and other necessary equipment.
General Search Sites:
- Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/?from=gnav-homepage
- LinkedIn Jobs: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs
- JETWit: http://jetwit.com/wordpress/
- USJETAA Job Board: https://usjetaa.org/job-opportunities-internship-listings/
- Global Job Search: https://www.pasona-global.com/gl/english/
- Professional Organization Names:
- Advising- NACADA
- Financial Aid/Services- NASFAA
- International Education – NAFSA, Forum for Education Abroad
- Admissions- ACAC & NACAC
Education (K-12, special)
Networking Sites and ListServs:
- Minnesota Study Abroad Professionals “MSAP”
- Global Minnesota- https://www.globalminnesota.org/
Japan Related Networking Groups:
- LinkedIn Group- JETAAMN
- LinkedIn Group – Official Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Programme and Alumni Association (JETAA)
- LinkedIn Group – JETAA USA
- LinkedIn Group – Japan America Society of Minnesota
Still having a hard time finding what you’re looking for? Contact JETAAMN and we’ll do our best to support your career journey!