From the Saint Paul-Nagasaki Sister City Committee:
Bring the whole family to enjoy a summer morning of crafts, kite flying, and fun activities for every age. Join SPNSCC & JASM on Saturday, June 8, 2013 from 9:30 am at Mannheimer Memorial in Como Park on the corner of North Lexington Parkway and Estabrook Street to celebrate the Como Park cherry trees. Enjoy free refreshments, live Japanese cultural entertainment, and a short ceremony planting two new cherry trees!
Event highlights will include:
- Planting two additional cherry trees in Como Park
- Performance by the Sansei Yonsei Kai Dancers
- Performance by Leo Hansen on the shakuhachi flute
- Telling the story of Japanese cherry viewing
- Japanese cherry blossom themed refreshments
- Children’s craft activities
- Kite flying
Learn more about celebration on SPNSCC’s webpage!